This very first Glam Bag Ultimate was AMAZING!!!! There were some great products and some newbies I loved trying so I’m definitely continuing my subscription to this subscription box. This month included these products:
- Huda Beauty Obsessions Eyeshadow Palette in Warm Brown – This was on my wishlist so when I had the chance to select it for my box, I jumped all over it. This palette is an immediate must have for me. It has rich, warm colors that have very little fallout and transition from day to night easily, with just a little building. I’m becoming a huge fan of Huda!
- Kaleido Cosmetics Obsidian Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner – I really like this liner. It was easy to use and glided on flawlessly and did not smear. It lasted all evening in a very humid Florida climate and a surprise summer storm and it didn’t run at all!
- L.O.C.K. Unicorn Glow Hydrating Primer – This primer was great. It went on smooth and made foundation application flawless. No creasing or uneven lines. I might look into a larger bottle of this product, I was so impressed.
- Betty Boop x Ipsy Cheek to Cheek Blush Palette – Ipsy’s theme this month….I adore Betty Boop so I had to have all the things! This blush was superb. It had just the right colors for my light skin tone, without making me look overly made up.
- Biorace L’eau Hydrating Treatment Serum – This serum was a pleasant surprise. I’m always nervous using new facial products on my skin because it’s so sensitive but this was really nice. It felt light and greaseless and my skin felt moisturized afterwards, not oily. It had no overwhelming odor and the biggest plus….it caused no breakouts!
- F.A.R.A.H. Brushes Midnight Pro Trio – These brushes are now a staple in my makeup application. The are firm but soft and made application of my foundation, blush, and highlighter a dream!!!
- Nanette Lepore Beautiful Times fragrance – This fragrance was gorgeous. Not heavy or overly sweet, it was subtle and citrusy…a favorite combination of mine.
- The Saem Natural Avocado and Shea Butter Mask Sheet Set – I have to admit, I have not tried these masks yet, due to the fact I’m in the middle of a Bubble Sheet Mask Challenge but as soon as it’s done, I’m looking forward to these!
- Murad AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser – I’ve been dying to try this product so I did a happy dance when I saw it in my box. I incorporated it into my facial cleansing routine and there is no going back for me. It’s a keeper and I will be purchasing it again for continued use. It has helped hold back breakouts, kept my face super clean, and has not dried my face out in the least. It’s an awesome product!
- C’est Moi Beauty Reflect Lip Gloss in Opulence – I love my lip glosses and this one is no exception. It’s very pretty and neutral and makes my lips look rosy and natural. It’s not super-sticky, either, which is a huge advantage!
- Coloured Raine Cosmetics Eyeshadow in Glamour – Mine arrived broken so I’m waiting for a replacement.
- Ibom Lemon Verbena Clay Mast – I have used this mask in the past and I love it. This will be great to throw in my travel bag so I can continue my facial care while traveling! This mask is both brightening and hydrating and I highly recommend it for mid-week face refreshing!
- Trestique Good Vibes Mascara – This mascara is patiently waiting for it’s time in the spotlight, as I have not tried it yet. There is also no information on it with my enclosed pamphlet. It’s neat though, because it has a curler included at the end of the mascara tube. It’s just very strange that Ipsy included no information of this product in the box.
I had two complaints about this new subscription. The pamphlet that was included in the box broke down each product but….one item was not listed and none of the items had a value. This subscription is $50 per month. I like tangible, visible proof of the value of each product to validate the cost I’m paying. I had to look up all the product costs myself. My suggestion to them is to rectify that as soon as possible. Also, some of us subscribed to both the Ipsy Glam Bag Plus and Ultimate. Two different subscriptions but they gave me the same bag in each box. That should not be happening. You should check for dual subscriptions and make sure that different bags are provided for each. Now I have two of the same bags, which I don’t like. Otherwise, so far, I’d say this subscription is worth it.